Woot, woot hit the jackpot today. I actually found my self downright giddy this morning as I got dressed and ready to head to town. How funny!? Not to mention the excitement and sense of accomplishment and success as the cashier read me the totals! This week was different, I bought a number of things that were our normal products, but then I got a few things that I never normally would have. Two of those things were Veet Hair Remover, and Clearisil Acne products. However, the reason I did it was a)they will get used, and b) my total purchase price for them was $2 AND I receive an awesome freebie that will be used for stocking stuffers for a certain person in my home. So, for $2, worth it. So here's the rundown, and before I get to it just let me say I'm not sure I will do the breakdown from now on. I'm not sure how many are reading it and actually putting it to use. So if you, let me know in the comments section and I will continue.
Here we go:
Transaction 1:
2 Suave Bodywashes, normally $2.89 each, on sale BOGO 1/2 off.
2 Suave Deodorants, normally 2.49 each, on sale BOGO 1/2 off
3 packs Trident Gum, normally $1.29 each, on sale 3/$3.00
Infusium Shampoo, nomally $7.99, on sale $3.99
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, normally 5.19, on sale $3.11
Garnier Fructis Shine Serum, normally $6.49, on sale $2.99
2 Nivea lip creams, normally $3.29 each, on sale BOGO 1/2 off
2 Nivea Creme Tins, normally $1.19 each, on sale BOGO 1/2 off
Coupons Used:
Rite Aid $5/$25 Coupon
Maybelline Video Values Coupon $2.00
Nivea Coupon $2.00
2 Suave Deodorant Coupons, .50 each
2 Suave Bodywash Coupons, .50each
Trident Coupon $1/3
Infusium Coupon $1.00
Maybelline Coupon $1.00
Nivea Lip Balm Coupon $2.00
Garnier Coupon $1.00
UP coupons totalling $7.00
Total for Transaction 1: $6.69 (including tax)
Received $10 in UP coupons back
Transaction 2:
2 bottles Gain Fabric Softener, normally $2.99 each, on sale 2/$5.00
Herbal Essences Shampoo, normally $4.59, on sale $2.99
2 Veet Gel Cream Hair Remover, normally $6.69, BOGO 1/2 off
Clearasil Daily Wash, normally 5.79, 1/2 off $2.89
Clearasil Vanish Cream, $6.29
Coupons Used:
Rite Aid Video Values $4/$20 coupon
2 Veet coupons at $3.00 each
2 Clearasil coupons at $2.00 each
2 Gain coupons at $1.00 each
1 Herbal Essences coupon, $1.00
UP Rewards from Trans. 1 totalling $10.00
Total for Transaction 2: $1.16
Received $7.00 in UP Rewards
Glam Camp bag of Products Samples Free
So today's total for just shy of $84 worth of products was $7.85... not too bad!
If you are interested, there is a great post on Rite-Aid's various programs over at Hip2Save... this is where I get my weekly deal run downs by the way. Colin does an incredible job!
Nice Jess! i do this alot at several different stores, but I have to say since my appendix, I have barely used coupons at all...this week I did and felt so much more accomplished!
ReplyDeleteoh, two other things...you would be surprised how many people are reading but will never reply:) Some days I get 100's of hits on omy blog, but very few if any comments (except my mom...LOL).
ReplyDeleteAnd...I do not believe our rite aid takes the computer generated coupons...they used to, then they stopped. I am going to have to ask them!
Even if I don't always comment, I enjoy reading breakdowns. I miss Rite-Aid, Walgreens, and the like. We have the asset of being able to use coupons past expiration in the commissary (and sometimes the PX/BXs) but we don't have any rewards programs or anything like that. So it's fun for me, at least, to live vicariously through my pals who are really raking in the good deals! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Denise and Mel. Denise, ours used to not take printable coupons either, BUT the Rite Aid corporate coupon policy states they have to. They aren't allowed to take manufacturer coupons over $5, and they have to be able to be scanned. They can't be used if the cashier has to manually input them. You can find a copy of there coupon policy here: http://www.dealseekingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Rite-Aid-Official-Corporate-Coupon-Policy.pdf . I'd print it out and give it a shot.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your deals. You did an awesome job on it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy!
ReplyDelete