Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rite Aid Deals 9/9/10

Woo hoo! So, I love, love, love frugal homemaking sites. I do put some practical things into play that keep me from having to buy things. In the past we've made our own laundry detergent, used cloth wipes, homemade bread, lots of from scratch cooking, cloth napkins.... just a few. BUT, face it we definitely have to spend money out for a lot of stuff. Where I live, the nearest Wal-mart is an hour away, and Target and Sam's Club are 1 hour, 35 minutes. So, my big money saving happens between buying store brands at Hannaford, monthly shopping at Sam's Club, Wal-mart, Amazon Prime, and Rite-Aid. In the past year Rite-Aid has exploded with great deals with their UP Rewards program, Video Values, and Single Check Rebate. Also, there coupon policy is "off the hook"--- sorry I got excited. So, I thought I would start sharing my weekly Rite-Aid bargains. On a side note, I absolutely love the feeling I get when I hit the savings jackpot... I feel so naughty, LOL!


   So how much did I spend on all of this today? Guess, can ya? For the rundown, there are:

  • 3 Airwick Freshamatic Starter Sets
  • 2 Finish Quantamatic Starter Sets
  • Biotrue Contact Lens Cleaner
  • 2 Right Guard Deodorants
  • 2 boxes of Special K cereal
  • Booths Ginger Body Scrub
  • Orbit Gum
  • Garnier Facial Cleansing Cloths
  • 2 bottles of Rite Aid nail polish remover
So how much? Well, first let me tell you, it should have cost  $106.75.... my total? $13.27 and I received $5 in UP Rewards to use on my next non prescription Rite Aid purchase. Not bad, hunh?!



So here's the deal breakdown.

Transaction 1:
2 Finish sets, normally 10.99 on sale for 50% off, so $5.49 each.
3 Airwick sets, normally 12.99 each on sale 50% off, 6.49 each.
Coupons used: $5/$25 Rite Aid Coupon
$1 UP Reward from previous purchase
2 $3 off Finish Coupons
3 $4 off Airwick Coupons
$1 Airwick Video Values Coupon

Total for transaction 1: $7.00 AND received a $10 UP coupon to apply to next purchase (which is why I did two separate transactions.

Transaction 2:

Orbit Gum, normally $1.29 on sale .88
Biotrue Contact lens cleaner, $4.99
2 Special K, normally $4.79 each, BOGO
Booth Ginger Body Scrub, $6.29, on sale $4.99
2 Right Guard deodorant, normally $4.69, BOGO
Garnier face wipes, normally $6.49, on sale $4.99
2 Rite Aid Nail Polish Remover, $2.49 BOGO 

Coupons used:
$10 UP reward from transaction 1
$2.00 Garnier coupon
$5.00 in ad coupon for Booth products
2 $1.50 coupons for Right Guard
$2.00 Biotrue coupon
.50 coupon for Orbit

TOTAL for transaction 2: $6.27 AND $5 in UP rewards. Also, if I had wanted to do this transaction at a different time, I could have used another $5/$25 coupon... but I'll save that gem for later.

Confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's so worthwhile. The key is being organized and focused. Last week, I was able to score Max a digital camera for $17 and Kahli and flash drive for $5 there. The best place to get a break down of deals is Hip2Save, she offers a weekly run down of Rite Aid deals.Also, Money Saving Mom and her Rite Aid page. So, I hope you're inspired.... I felt so accomplished with all my purchases, and even some stocking stuffers to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment